Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

Earning Commissions vs Fixed Salary



The funny thing was, I felt, I was kissing with success all the time... but not knew about it!

When I resigned from teaching college three years after graduating from college, I only had Php 5000.00 (around 125 USD) in my pocket. I loaned it so I would have something to work with when I applied at the bigger city in the Philippines. 

With my internal motivation to succeed in the corporate world, I took the risk, gave my all despite the odds, hardships and sweat! I wanted it so bad, I didn't stop until I got what I wanted! Well, that time, I started with direct selling of computers to different household! After two weeks of training and another two weeks of being out in the field, from among the two buses full of associates, as we called ourselves, I was the only one who was able to sell!!!


With a lifeline of another Php 5000.00 in my pocket, I asked God again to not give me just commissions... (I was so into being "employed" that I failed to do Math! It only took me 3 hours to sell that computer, and the company gave me Php 8000.00! Had I persevered and ate my pride, I'd never know what I would have become!) Uhm.. if you are curious as to what happened to the Php 3000.00, I gave it to my partner during our field day, she was just a fresh graduate that time, very timid and shy, and I told her all my stories, she so quietly laughed and joined me as we walked along the subdivision we were at. I told her to just stay with me and I would give her Php 3000.00 if I sold a computer!.. and I did!, she was extremely happy! Who wouldn't be? Lol! I am not sure where she is now.. maybe she learned from me, and got on with it! Oh my! She could be rich by now already!)

So I asked God for not just commissions but fixed salary as well... and He did. After another month, tired of walking, this time to different buildings in Makati (not houses anymore!), and not successful with it. I asked God to give me not just commissions, fixed salary, but benefits and air conditioned personal office so I could wear my blazer and not be sweaty with it! Lol!.. and He did!

I got a bigger paycheck, but my expenses got bigger too! Though, I was able to invest some.. still, I was living paycheck to paycheck!

TO BE CONTINUED... :)

Namaste.




2 comments:

  1. It's really incredible how God answers our prayers. I was just thinking about it last night and I am so grateful. Where do you invest your money in?

    ReplyDelete

My Dailies Collection