Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

Soccer, Volleyball and Badminton- Err- ERRORS!


Photo credit: diaryoffatwoman.blogspot.com
Daisy Dukes vs. Sparks
April 29, 2012
3:30pm
I just made three penalties in our game today!!! wahhhhh!
1. CATCHING THE BALL.
As the ball was kicked to the goal by our opponent, in an instinct, I tried to catch the ball! .. Ok, I am playing at Gallup Adult Soccer League Team, a newbie! .. and I've yet to internalize the rules! Funny, but prior to today's game, we were playing Volleyball yesterday, and the volleyball player in me took over! Referee's decision: Opponent's point!

2. TOUCHING THE BALL.
I was assigned as a defense, while trying to defend the ball from entering the goalie's territory, the ball touched my shoulder! .. another error!!! Opponent got to play a free kick!

3. PASS BACK TO KEEPER. 
The ball came to my stance, and was accidentally kicked to my keeper! OMG! It was not intentional, and even if it was, I wouldn't even know what it meant! Referee, gave the opponent a free kick again!

Here's why:
• uses a deliberate trick while the ball is in play to pass the ball to his own goalkeeper with his head, chest, knee, etc. in order to circumvent the Law, irrespective of whether the goalkeeper touches the ball with his hands or not. The offense is committed by the player in attempting to circumvent both the letter and the spirit of law 12 and play is restarted with an indirect free kick.

20 years after high school, who would have thought I would play the game...and NOT JUST ONE GAME! THREE GAMES at that! 

VOLLEYBALL. 
Photo credit: google images

Actually, I've no intention of competing, no intention at all! I was just having fun playing with the Gallup team as they practice. When another team asked if I would like to join, I told them NOT!, but they invited me to join, thinking why not? it would be fun and a form of exercise anyway! So I joined! 

Can I serve? predictable service yes! 
Can I bump? set? spike? dink? HUH?

BADMINTON

The same, I was just playing badminton for the sake of playing. I don't even have tricks and tips on how it is supposed to be played!

I just run where the ball is right? LOL

Photo credit: thelifeofchealenetan.wordpress.com


SOCCER

Oh, so I can use my hands if I'm the goalie! And, wait I'm the defense? not forward and mid position? not a keeper? Repeat.. repeat! 

I've no more excuse. Tournament for Volleyball and Badminton is next week. Soccer, so far at 3 weeks now, we've no score yet!

Mmmm... Is it time for mind power? LOL!

TIME to educate myself... and yes, I've got to DO it NOW!

ANY tips and tricks y'all?

Thanks much!!!

visit me here too!
-day 135

My Dailies Collection