Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

40 Days of Reflection - Thursday, Second Week of Lent

"Peter and his companions had been overcome by sleep, but becoming fully awake, they saw his glory and the two men standing with Jesus" (Lk 9:32)
I couldn't remember the number of times, people around me would catch me sleeping!

It doesn't matter if everyone was noisy, if the music was loud, no matter what was happening, during a lecture, while praying the rosary, while watching movies, if I couldn't contain it anymore, I'd be getting my zzzz's! 

The funny part was, I missed it. I missed what happened in between my zzzz's and the stories that were taking place. Upon waking up, there was always this feeling of frustration, because I wouldn't be able to turn back the time. I missed it!

Peter and his friends may have felt the same thing! The great news for them, was they were still able to see the high moment in Jesus' life.

May we be fully awake, alive, alert and enthusiastic all the days of our lives... but not. There will always be ups and downs in our lives.



We can be assured though that during our ups or downs, God is always awake, alive, alert and enthusiatic with us because He loves us dearly.

NAMASTE.



   

7 comments:

  1. Lenten season time to REFLECT. I almost forget...ohhh works made me forget this. Sorry God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that you can sleep even with noise and other distractions. Not a lot of people can do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me of the Lenten Season, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Lent season , one must try to reflect on God's great love for us and seek how can we reciprocate to His endearing love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenten Season is also "me" time. One on one with the Lord. :) I want to go to a serene place where I can do this.

    I hope I can sleep like you do. My sleep is very shallow, I call it "tulog manok" O.o

    ReplyDelete
  6. true. i slept a lot too.. but now i am learning to be more awake (5-6hours) so not to miss any event that might happen. and live lives in extremes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. GOD is always with us no matter what. Through thick and think, HE will always stick with us!

    ReplyDelete

My Dailies Collection