Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

40 Days of Reflection - Wednesday, Second Week of Lent

"And behold, two men were conversing with Jesus, Moses and Elijah, who appeared in glory and spoke of his exodus that he was going to accomplish in Jerusalem." (Lk 9:30-31)

I dropped off my daughter's friend to her house, confident that I knew the way home, I drove an uncharted path. 

The kids enjoyed the surroundings, while I drove straight, chose between left and right roads, and ended up nowhere near our house!!!

After what seemed to be forever, we were back to where we were before! We just circled the entire location!

Wasn't that fun?! 

It could have been a magical, enlightening or joyful event had I seen a familiar sight but it got frustrating when I was left with more crossroads, and choosing left, right or straight?! 

Kids shouted different directions, and I was left, with doing what I had to do - turn the wheel, without any sense of direction!

Blessed were Peter, James and John for they witnessed the Transfiguration. I'm sure the mystical experience inspired them for the rest of their lives.

Right before their eyes, they had seen which direction they needed to go; which person they needed to follow; what their future looked like with the glory shown to them!

It would have done me good, had I stopped, explored my surroundings first, or even asked for directions, instead of what I did! 

Just like in living life we know Jesus is the way to follow, and yet many of us, still take so many twists and turns, living life aimlessly, in circles...

I know what happened a while ago was a waste of time, a waste of gas.. but in the end, a lesson learned.

It felt great to be back on track...

NAMASTE.

P.S. Could we just stop and reflect on the direction of our lives today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dailies Collection