Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

I Believe I Can Ride!

Our minds are powerful. Whatever we think, we create!

 



I remember it was summer time during my elementary days when my cousins had already learned how to ride a bicycle. 

We didn't have any bicycle to use then.

Every time I would see them enjoy riding one, there was this gushing feeling from within that I could do it too! My mind just seemed to shout, "You could learn to ride a bicycle too!", "Yes, you'll enjoy it too!!!", "It's easy!!!"

Grabbing the opportunity, one lunch time, in the heat of the midday sun, when everybody was busy eating. I borrowed the bike they were using and taught myself to ride a bike! On my own!

After, like, the longest 15 minutes of attempting, failing, trying again and again and again, I was finally able to balance myself and enjoy the ride! It was a freeing moment for me!

In my mind, I knew I could do it, and I did!

There were so many times after that experience that I'd tap in the power of my mind. 

I simply have to know what I want, believe I could do it and true enough, it happens!

No doubts, no fears, no excuses.

What about you? Do you allow fear, doubts and excuses keep you from achieving what you want in life?

I hope not.

NAMASTE.

-day 241


14 comments:

  1. you gave me the go signal to do something that I've been thinking of doing....good thind I stumbled upon ur blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done many things and surpassed many challenges that I never thought I could. Unfortunately, riding a bike has not been one of them though I've already tried a number of times. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyday for me seems a challenging day .. and each day comes doubts and fear before taking another activity ... i simply pray that everything goes well ... and i will be surprised at the end of accomplishing something i did not expect at all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been contemplating on something for months already and I still have second thoughts of doing it. If I do, what will be the end result... Is it more favorable or less appealing? I just hope it can be done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's full of positive vibes! keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Do you allow fear, doubts and excuses to keep you from achieving what you want in life?" ---I'm actually guilty of this. It's been taking me a while to actually start the business that I've always been wanting to put up. I just feel like I don't have enough resources to make it happen. But yes.. I will keep this mantra in my thoughts. THoughts become things, right? Only if you will it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes it would seem like an easier route to just surrender even without trying but that is not how to live life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Biking is really fun so this is a good attempt and you do learn fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that is a lot of courage there, I learned how to bike when I was a kid too. But now I can only do it straightly but if I can't if I have to turn it right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For a long time, yes, I would allow doubt and fear to get the better of me. That was until one instructor of mine posed this question to me: "50 years from now, would you want to sit in a rocking chair bombarded with what if thoughts or smiling on how much you've achieved?"

    That woke me up. Yes, I would still have my doubts and fears. But I'm more able to move forward them, and I have to say, since being able to do that, I've been able to enjoy my life a whole lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's a great deal of life lessons to learn from biking...ahhh the simple joys of childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mind over matter. Believe that you can and it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's the spirit! Believe and you will receive. But if we don't get, God has a better plan for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yup, lakas lang ng loob and determination to learn something... pressure also helps, i remembered when i saw my cousins swimming in a deep portion of a river, i really worked hard to learn it. Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete

My Dailies Collection