Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

They forgot my birthday!


It was September 6, my birthday.

Everyone in my family greeted me. But, since, it was a school day, I had to go to school, I couldn't remember anymore what grade level I was when it happened. 

All I remember was our homeroom teacher didn't even acknowledge nor reminded the class about my special day. I was hoping someone would remember. (No Facebook then and computers were still very expensive that time).

So the whole day, I kept my happy face and happy disposition. At the back of my mind, I was hoping against hope, my teachers and classmates would remember to greet me. End of class, NOBODY did.

I felt so downhearted.

But I kept myself accountable and responsible for what happened. I knew I should have done something, but didn't. 

I allowed fate to take its toll.

Lesson learned. The following year, my birthday fell on a school day again. I went to school.

Everyone greeted me.  As in everyone!

What happened? I TOLD everyone it was my birthday! Starting from the security guard in the school, to all my teachers - classmates and everyone I know!

I got what I wanted. I felt so happy, glad, jubilant! Lol!

God may have wanted me to experience the birthday scenario for me to learn a great lesson in life and living.

It took a year of planning, deciphering and reflection. Nobody greeted me during my birthday not because they hate me nor they didn't like me, they simply didn't know.

I could have chosen to let it be, but I didn't because I was not happy with the results. I wanted people to celebrate with me, so I chose to change the rule, I chose to be proactive. It gave me the results I wanted.

That year, I realized I have a say as to what happens in my life. I can take control of my destiny. I am the leader of my own thoughts. I am the captain of my actions. I create my results.

NAMASTE.


-day 162


My Dailies Collection