Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

Love is Learned - Leo Buscaglia Quotes



"I love you".


I was very stingy in saying those words when I was young. I thought it was something emotional or corny when said out loud. I felt, it was best reserved for writing, something you add when you send birthday cards or in love letters.

My parents weren't also very vocal about it but would boldly write it in letters or cards. So, I did the same.

Through the years, from the books I've read, from the words of wisdom of my teachers, from the movies I've seen,  I've learned to say the words out loud, especially to my parents.

After graduating from college up about four years of my working life when I met Dennis, my ex-boyfriend, and have expressed the feelings more so than ever, without the squishy feeling anymore.

But up until I got married, I never have really understood what it really means to love.

I am still a work in progress.

I guess we all are because until we've learned to be patient, kind, to not envy, to not boast, to not be proud, to not be rude, to not be selfish, to not be easily angered, to keep no record of wrongs, to not delight in evil, to rejoice in the truth, to protect, to always trust, to always hope and persevere then we've never loved.



ABOUT THE QUOTE:

I fell in love with the book Living Loving and Learning by Leo Buscaglia in 1997. My friend, Aleli, gave me that book and it was an eye-opener. I am sure you'll fall in love it with too!

This inspirational treasure, as quoted on the first page of this book, is for all those eager to accept the challenge of life and to profit from the wonder of love.




You may purchase this book here.

My Dailies Collection