Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

Itchy Hands: Curse or Blessing?

I woke up with very itchy hands last Monday! Both my hands have red patches on it and it was really itchy! 

A part of me was saying I’ll be receiving lots of money! (Remember, how elders would relate itchy hands with incoming wealth?) Lol!

The other part of me was saying something was wrong with me!

From itchy hands, it would calm down and another part of me would be itchy! Legs, head, arms, back… something was definitely wrong!!! 

I called my personal doctor and told him what was happening. He said to take antihistamines. I didn’t really take him seriously at first since I was relating the itching, maybe, to the antibiotic I took for my acne. 

That night, it was weird seeing red itchy patch of blood from the inside of my skin moving from one part of my body to the next. I stopped the antibiotic thinking it was the cause, and was afraid it could get worse. It has been 20 days of it already so that should be ok, right? (My doctor didn’t know and I'm not telling, lol!) 

I browsed the net and got the answer! Hives!!! I’ve got hives! 

I recalled what I ate the night before… mmmm, maybe it was the not-very-well-cooked-burger we had before, but then I know it was cooked pretty well, Lol! my husband begged to disagree. 

I had to calm myself that night so I could sleep peacefully, thank God I did, but when I woke up came my red itchy under the skin patches again. 

I took a bath and lo and behold, it got worst! my whole body was itching real bad!!!

Patches everywhere!! 

A part of me was blaming the Dial Nourishg Body Wash, Yogurt & Vanilla Honey I bought just 3 days ago. 

It was the only new “thing” I used that week. It was also a first for me to use DIAL. Maybe, one of its ingredients irritated my skin. Sensitive, soft and supple! Lol! But I don't know!

I then went to the pharmacy and bought Claritin, so I won’t be drowsy. No effect! The next day, I used Dial Nourishg Body Wash, Yogurt & Vanilla Honey (my 5th day of using it) and my body was all red again!!! 

I just had to go to the doctor and he told me to look outside of the box. 

He said, it couldn’t be the antibiotic that caused it since it has been 20 days already. It must have been, he said, your bath soap, Dial, for example, I am allergic to it. Not the DIAL itself, but one of the ingredients on it. 

Rings a bell! Jackpot!!!

He gave me steroids.
Today, I used Original Likas Papaya Skin Whitening Herbal Soap and no more red patches and itchiness! 

Oh, that Monday, I received cash money, Tuesday; I received the document for tax refund; Wednesday, another for paper for tax refund and last night I computed my tax refund, nice generous amount!

Mmmm, I wonder if the elders were right too, itchy hands could really mean having lots of money, or was it just a coincidence? Lol!

Take away: Be careful with changing bath soaps, facial soaps, detergents, shampoo, conditioners, cleaners! Different companies would formulate different products using different chemicals, and usually they won't complement each other.  These chemicals could trigger allergic skin reactions!

I suggest, we all try a sample at the back of our hands first and check for 3 days if it will develop a rash. If not then we can go ahead and use it.

If it does, we know what to do. NOT USE IT!

NAMASTE.


Note: I reported the incident to DIAL, Henkel Corp. Customer Service. They were very apologizing and has even promised to give me free coupons!!! Mmmm, maybe I would giveaway the coupons? Lol!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer
The information on this site (gemsdaily.blogspot.com) reflects the insights, first-hand experiences and opinions of the owner. Please do not substitute it as medical advise. Be sure to consult your doctor about your individual situation. 

To date, the owner is still researching and experimenting on what works best for her (as regards acne and itchiness) and natural, organic and herbal products that could work well for you too! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Dailies Collection