Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

40 Days of Reflection - Wednesday, First Week of Lent

"Then the devil took Jesus up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a single instant. The devil said to him, "I shall give to you all this power and their glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I may give it to whomever I wish. All this will be yours, if you worship me." (Lk 4:5-7)

I just realized that the first week of Lent is all about the devil's temptation to Jesus.

Honestly just reading about it, makes me want to jump to next week's reflection already. But just like Jesus, I need to overcome temptations too, no matter how enticing, endearing and lovely it is!

Funny how the devil tempted Jesus with subtlety. "I shall give you all this power and glory!" Lol! Jesus had it already, right?

I'll give you this and that if you do this and that for me. Hello!! let's wake up people, because sometimes, what "they" are tempting to give, we have already!- and sometimes we don't even know!

Just like many people would remain victims to their situations and circumstances, as if blaming others and "temptations" around them would solve it!

I think it's about time that we take control of our lives, to have the presence of mind and to know that GOD already has given us everything we need to be happy, successful and fulfilled in this world. 

We just need to look within. 




Today, in the silence of our hearts, let God speak.

NAMASTE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dailies Collection