Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

40 Days of Reflection - Tuesday, First Week of Lent

“The devil said to Jesus, “If you are the Son of God, command this stone to become bread.” Jesus answered him, “It is written, “One does not live by bread alone.” (Lk 4:3-4)

Funny, but I am really starving right now! My lunch time has been moved two hours later for some grand reason! Lol!

Now I can imagine Jesus being tempted by the devil, such a good timing, since he was fasting! But God cannot be tempted at all. He is the son of God. Period.

What about us then?

Maybe if we are given this magic power to command a stone to become bread (literally), I am sure we would have overdone it already! See how people hoard things?

.. and yet no matter how much material things we have, how much food we have on the table, how much power we have, it all deemed useless if we've no one to share it with and if we've no love in our hearts.

Yes, one does not live by bread alone (literally and figuratively).

As for me, at this moment, time to eat!


Today, let's thank God for everyday blessings.

NAMASTE.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dailies Collection