Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

Holy Week In The Philippines

Since it's Holy Week, I am reminded of Visita Iglesia memories. Our family would usually visit churches on a Maundy Thursday night. We would pray the rosary while in the car and then visit one church after the other in our town.

It was the best time of the week for me since I would always have my three wishes ready to be included in my prayers - and that would be to all of the churches we would visit!

Funny, I was just reminded again of what I was praying for the whole time, and through all those years!!! - a boyfriend!

It seemed so shallow, trivial and hollow! But, hey, it was supposed to be just between me and God! It was a long persistence and courtship too! I persisted and courted God for say... 4 years? (20-24) Real long time! and then He finally gave in! LOL!

.. and you know what? This made me believe that all wishes come true! -in His time. There are no NO answers, but more on please-just-WAIT answer!

It took Him 4 years to grant my wish because He wanted me to grow up first, in all aspects! He molded, shaped and pruned me first- and when the magical moment came! - it felt good!

What was mysterious was God granted me my wish on a Holy Week! It shouldn't be a surprise anymore, right? and YES, that boyfriend became my husband in no time!

The holy week celebration was never the same again for coming here in the US. We do have similar commemorations too, but it's just different.

I miss Philippines. I miss home.


-day 109






My Dailies Collection