Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

Len, the Writer

Thursdays are for GREAT PEOPLE in my life!

WELCOME TO 

"YOU'RE GREAT" 

THURSDAYS!

Today, I am featuring my friend, Len. 

We crossed paths in 1999. We were both new members of  Tambuli Toastmasters, in Makati, Philippines then and our minds were just in sync.

She was the one who influenced me to blog in 2006 (via Friendster blogs) and up to now she's still convincing me to continue to work on my writing so I'll become a (serious) writer someday.

Here's Len.


When did you discover your love for writing?
I began writing stories when I was in high school. My first avid reader was my sister. I remember writing a comic book about twins who fell in love with the same boy. Sadly, I don't know anymore where the notebooks are.  I should have kept them somewhere safe.

Tell us about your blog, Len Lambert, the Writer... how is it different from Conversations with Self?
Conversations with Self was created sometime in 2007.  It began as a personal blog, some kind of an outlet for my creativity/writing. I've been thinking of creating another blog in 2010 when I started writing fiction but I wasn't sure then. Last month, Conversations with Self was critiqued by Laura Barnes, a marketing consultant, writer and now a critique partner. Her honest, constructive evaluation of my blog made me decide as I felt it was about time that I create a proper writer's platform, a writing blog. Hence, my new blog was born, http://lenlambert.blogspot.com/

Where do you get your motivation? your ideas?
If you meant writing ideas, it's from experience and imagination. My first novel, The Life of Jarryd Brown, is still on its first draft stage.  I have to go back to it at some point to re-write it. It's a fantasy middle grade novel. At present, I'm working on another novel which is more real to me.  I will talk about it when I'm ready.

Any tips for beginner bloggers?
I'm not an expert on this so I will give you links to the best writer bloggers I know.  Here are the best blogging tips I've read so far from my favourite authors:


and my friend and another awesome author, Theresa Milstein, said the best things about bloggers on her post over at the lovely India Drummond's blog:  http://www.indiadrummond.com/2011/04/21/q-is-for-a-quality-community/

What is your definition of success?
Success, for me, is when one is finally content with what s/he's achieved. Personally, it's probably when my heart says I've finally "arrived".

What have you accomplished so far?
As a writer I'm still learning. I have a short story that's going to be included in Tiny Dancer anthology. I've also submitted a story for a book project, Real Women, Real Stories (formerly called Fascinating Females).  I hope to have many more short stories that will get published. Of course I'd also like to get my books published one day.

I graduated with a bachelor's degree in office administration and worked almost half of my life in an office/corporate environment. Becoming a writer has always been in the back of my mind but I never thought it would ever happen.

What are your future goals?
I'm happy to be a full-time mother and housewife at present. I've always worked but when I left my job to be a full-time mother to my son sometime ago, I never thought how fulfilling it would be to be looking after him each day.  My husband and I have become even closer.  But I'd like to achieve more and grow in my writing career.  That's my long-term goal, to get published one day and hopefully earn a living out of my writing.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


Len Lambert


Thank you for being part of my life!  

Len!

NAMASTE.  

-day 64-

11 comments:

  1. This is cool, your post got my interest. In fairness I have learned something about blogging today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gems, it's an honour to be on your blog. Thank you for this interview. I've enjoyed answering all the questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the lovely Len. My blogging buddy for some years, and my writing friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Glynis :) Thanks for visiting. You're so sweet. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thank you, Len! I really appreciate your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Len, hello Gemma! Thank you for this fun interview!! Len is adorable and a future best-seller! Yay! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Len you are such a sweet woman! Thank you for the mention. You are precious and it's such an honour to know you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to see Len guest posting. And how lovely you mentioned my guest post on India's blog. I met you though blogging and the relationship has turned into a wonderful friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sp proud of you, Len, that you are taking the steps to realize your dreams!! wishing you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Talli - I've learned so much from your blog posts and still learning. You are such a gem! I mean every word :)

    @Old Kitty - You are the sweetest! Thank you :)

    @Jessica - Aww, Jess, it is an honour to know YOU!

    @Theresa - You're such a great friend! I'm so grateful for you

    @Bethai - Thank you for your good wishes. Hope you are well. Sending you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, Len! I'd imagine there are few things more rewarding than being able to stay home with your kids, but I hope you find the success you seek in your writing. Keep writing and pushing on and you'll get there. It's not easy with a family to take care of, but they can also be a good motivator if you let them.

    ReplyDelete

My Dailies Collection