Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

Dabble, Experiment with and Discover Rituals that please you- Day 16/30 #InfinitePossibilitiesProject

Day 16: Dabble, Experiment with, and Discover Rituals that please you.

A ritual is simply an observance or practice that is always performed in the same way each time. We perform rituals every day, whether we realize it or not—brushing our teeth, taking a shower, eating breakfast are all rituals that contribute to our health. There is lots of evidence that even simple rituals can have a profound effect on our thoughts and feelings. Today, set out to discover a new ritual to perform daily. Let this be a ritual that you can easily maintain in the days and weeks ahead—something small that contributes to your sense of peace and well-being.  

 

I always irritate Dennis every morning. Why? Because I would be rushing to get out of the house or end up late to my destination. 

 

He doesn't like that at all. He's an advocate of not just being on time but being way ahead of time. He said it's better to be there 15 minutes early and relax than rush and be stressed.

 

I was unaware that my habits and routines have become sort of rituals. A not so good one. 

 

Two weeks ago I took a licensing exam. I knew I'd be testing at 11am but my mind just put it on the back burner and kinda miscalculated the time I should leave the house.  


So, I was still reviewing up until 10:40am. At 10:45, Dennis casually asked, "what time is your exam?" I rushed to the paper I printed and saw 11am and I wasn't even dressed nor have brushed my teeth yet!!!

 

The roads were icy since it just snowed the night before but I was rushing like there was no tomorrow! Yes, I didn't brush my teeth! Lol. I couldn't afford to be late!!! Thank God there were no police cars onsite. It was cold and yet I was sweating!!!

 

I was at the testing site in the nick of time!!! The stress, the heartbeat, the adrenalin.. I was pumped up! I think I wasn't breathing the whole time I was driving and had to catch my breath afterwards!


Not good at all. But, yes, I passed the test! Yay! :)

 

It wasn't actually a real eye opener until I read this lesson. But, better late than never, right? I mean, better I opened my eyes to my reality now or never, right?

 

I know I will have to discover a new ritual for myself and do it right away!

 

I may have to start with meditation, Bikram yoga, inspired writing, more veggies and fish and following my husband's ALWAYS-be-on-time policy! So help me God!

 

What about you?

 

Here are some more ideas:

  1. Light a candle or incense on behalf of someone or to celebrate something new each day.
  2. Meditate or pray or visualize.
  3. Stretching or breathing exercises.
  4. Read a page from a book each day.
  5. Give thanks for the good things in your day, maybe through a gratitude journal. 
NAMASTE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dailies Collection