Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

Pandesal 101




It has been years since I tasted PANDESAL (Salt Bread) again,
 so when a friend here in Gallup made one, I knew I just have to learn how to do it too!

The first try was good enough!
I followed panlasangpinoy's recipe but then I am not sure if it was kneaded correctly, but still good enough! Lol!
 I started preparing at 11:30pm, I finished at 2:00am. I was that excited!

1st attempt. Kids loved it!

The next try was with friends, I decided on the amount of milk, sugar,
and mixing of the wet ingredients first, prior to mixing it with the mixed dry ingredients.

 It was kind of success

There were four of us,
one prepared the yeast mixture,
the other one prepared the wet mix (milk-butter-egg),
while the other one mixed the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder) and
kneaded the dough.
The fourth one took photos, slept and ate! Lol!

Here's our product prior to baking it!


Another friend who has been successful in baking the bread agreed for us
 to get together so she can teach us her secret!

Here's her secret recipe! No longer secret! Lol!

4 cups Gold's Better for Bread Flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt

*Mix them all

1 cup warm milk
2 packs of Active Rise Yeast
1 tbsp sugar

*Make sure the milk is not hot - just warm so the yeast won't get killed in the process. Let this stand for 15 minutes.

1 cup milk
1 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 raw egg

*Mix it

Combine all the milk, butter, egg mixture and the yeast mix with the dry ingredients.
Knead. Add some more flour in the process.
Cover the dough for 1 hour, let it rise.

After an hour cut into desired pandesal shape. Roll into bread crumbs. Place in the tray.
Let it stand for at least 3 hours.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, for 15 - 30 minutes.
Bake for 15 minutes.

Serve hot and share!:))

Thanks Mayvic for the recipe!
WE LOVE IT!

NAMASTE.

-day 215


My Dailies Collection