Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

Mimoi's 100 stars!



The other day, our son, Mimoi, demanded that we give him a dollar. I am not really sure what Dennis, promised him, but I disregarded what he said the first time. 

The thing was, he was so persistent. He told us again and again that we needed to give him a dollar, because, he will buy some candy!

I asked him, so where is the money? Where are we going to get the money? and then he pointed to where the wallet was, "there", he said.

I told him...Mmmm, NO. (just because it has been a daily-asking-for-a-dollar already this week!) So? no, no, NO!

But, of course, he continued with his persistence.

As a compromise I said, I cannot just give it to him, he will need to earn it. 

I told him, he needs to earn 100 stars and then he gets to have a dollar. 

If I ask him to sleep already, he needs to sleep already, and he gets a star for obeying, and two stars for sleeping in the afternoon. If he helps clean the house, he gets another star. If he studies his lesson and finishes his assignment, he gets to have two stars (school will start Sept. 4th for him, he will now attend the very first charter school here in Gallup!) If he cleans up his mess, another star, if he brushes his teeth without me telling him, another star....

He seemed happy and excited with his stars and the compromise, that tonight he told me, "...so Momai, if I have two hundred stars, I get to have two dollars? Yahoo!"

.. and then he went to bed without further goofing around! 

Let's see how patiently he can wait for the hundred stars! Lol!

Don't worry: I'm kind, LOL! :)


-day 214

My Dailies Collection