Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

Hot Yoga in Gallup!


Excited to do something with my (physical) life, I together with a friend, checked out the Four Corners Yoga because the Gallup News Bulletin announced the lessons were free!  It was free indeed, (we just told them we saw the ad saying it was free in the paper) and we just paid $2 because we needed to rent the mat and towel.

Oh my, we had 90 minutes of our lives! The room was hot, really, really hot!!! It was like 105+ degrees inside the closed room with like 40% humidity!

Coming to America, I never sweated profusely until that night. We stretched muscles we never knew could be stretched. We did poses, 26 postures, as they called it and I needed to work on my breathing to survive!

There was supposed to be no talking during the meditation time, as what yoga is about, in this case, hot yoga! But, it was funny how we were trying out the postures and not being able to do it as beautifully as we should, there were no judgments, we were told to listen to our body, and it wasn’t a competition anyway. So, with a lot of smiles and some chit chats, the instructor continued to remind us to respect and focus on our own bodies. STOP THE TALKING, in loud words, Lol!

We needed to drink lots of water and one is allowed to do so, of course! The instructors would also give time after every set for us to refresh and take a breather.

We were flushed afterwards, all toxins were out! Our cheeks were rosy and it felt like all tension and stress were released.

After a few days, we came back again, this time, we didn’t talk, it was silence all the way as we stretched and embraced the heat and the sweat! I just have to remind myself that I should not eat at least 2 hours prior to the movements because I could feel the food upside down my stomach as I did the stretches! Lol!

We decided to try this out for 30 days. We paid $29.00, this is the beginner’s month fee; we can go everyday if we want to. (Yoga time is from 6-7:30 Monday to Friday and every Sat and Sun from 9-10:30).

Loving the super sweat I was making, I am hopeful to lose weight in the process and benefit some more! Well now, aside from drinking lots of water, I am now also conscious of my breathing... so it should be good.

... and yes, at the end of the session, the instructor would say as I would,

NAMASTE.

My Dailies Collection