Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

40 Days of Reflection - Saturday after Ash Wednesday

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (Matthew 6: 19-21)

I've always been simple. I dress simply, I wear no jewelries, no fancy bags, no fancy shoes. I simply am a pants, shirt and rubber shoes type of woman!

One of my friends is my total opposite. She'd be very pretty with all her jewelries, accessories, designer bags and shoes. I love how she dresses as well, plus she owns a car!

Funny, but whenever I'd see her, I'd tell myself, if I'll have my own car, then I'll be like her!  

Since, I won't be walking from our house to the gate of the subdivision just to find a transportation, I won't be sweaty anymore! :) Then, I'd be wearing pretty skirt, with matching shoes and bag! For sure, I'd have my own sets of accessories too!

Well, years after, it happened! Now, I have my own car! The weird thing was, nothing changed! I'm still the same pants, shirt and rubber shoes me! Lol!

I guess some things just never change.

... and it's OK. For through the years, material possessions have not blinded me on what really matters most. Friendships and relationships. 



Today, let's hug our loved ones.

NAMASTE.

1 comment:

My Dailies Collection