Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

40 Days of Reflection - Friday, First Week of Lent

"Then the devil led Jesus to Jerusalem, made him stand on the parapet of the Temple, and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down from here, for it is written: "He will command his angels concerning you, to guard you." and: "With their hands they will support you, lest you dash your foot against a stone." Jesus said to him in reply,"It says, "You shall not put the Lord, your God, to the test." (Lk 4:0-12)
What could Jesus have been thinking when the devil asked him to throw himself down, for he would, anyway, be rescued by the angels of God? 

Wasn't that hilarious? Of course, Jesus didn't need to prove anything to the devil!

We shall not put the Lord, our God, to the test.

But how many times have we questioned God about His plans for our lives? How many times have we tested God?

I remember, when I was in elementary, Daddy, an OFW then, would be away for two years and then he would come home for vacation for a couple of months. I grew up fearing him, because I didn't know him much when I was a kid.  

So, just to test if he loves me, with all my guts, I'd ask for money. Lol. 

I remember, I asked him for 50 cents one time. He asked what I'd do with the money, I said, I'd buy some candy. He looked at me in the eyes, I looked back, he sought for coins in his pockets and gave me what I wanted.  

It was a victorious feeling, mind you!

I love to read books, so I'd always be in my room, reading books. I would know Daddy was in the house already, because he'd be calling or asking for me.

My daddy loves me!

Just like God, our Father.

Time and again, He's always showing us how much He loves us.. too many times!


Not just this Lenten season, but everyday, let's return the favor, and show God how much we love Him, by our words and deeds.

God is knocking at our hearts. Let's open it for Him.


NAMASTE.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dailies Collection