Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

Second look on Human Evolution


While studying human evolution this semester -honestly, at the back of my mind, it just makes sense! Well, it wasn't like that before!

I had to set my judgements aside in high school - well, it was more setting my memory into amnesia mode, because it just didn't make sense or maybe I wasn't ready to know the truth...

Well, fast forward to this day... and reading what Pope Francis' statements about it - confirmed what I am relearning now.



Here were Pope Francis' statements about it.

“The evolution in nature is not opposed to the notion of Creation, because evolution presupposes the creation of beings that evolve.”


“When we read in the Genesis account of Creation, we risk imagining that God was a magician, with such a magic wand as to be able to do everything. However, it was not like that. He created beings and left them to develop according to the internal laws that He gave each one, so that they would develop, and reach their fullness.” 


The creation of the universe, Francis said, was not a singular event, but rather “went forward for centuries and centuries, millennia and millennia until it became what we know today.”

So, my son, Mimoi and I visited Albuquerque Zoo today, Black Friday, to look at apes at a different light!





















Oh, I forgot to tell, it was cold and windy!!! No wonder we can't find any monkeys anywhere!!!

We were still hoping for the best -






... and then we found it!!! Sleeping!!! 
But of course, the weather called for resting and not doing anything!




 .... and then for some lovely intervention... it woke up, went down the stairs and...




went straight towards us... to say hi!!!


Up close and personal!
 I was sure it was still sleepy because after the photo op, he went to hide... 



 ... and then walked back straight to his bed...







to sleep again :)


It was the only one we saw... so we just took some more photos for information purposes...









I think I'll never look at them the same way again. 
#gottalove'em!

My Dailies Collection