Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

Hot Yoga It Is!



 
So, I’ve been attending HOT YOGA classes for a week now. I needed to budget my time from getting off work at 4:30 to being ready 10 minutes before 6pm for the classes. After every class, I’d have a very soaked shirt; but I'd feel really refreshed.

Watches and all electronics are not allowed. Half way through the twisting and curling, I’d wish with all my power that time is already up! Lol.

I’d look forward to the instructor saying “final posture” and it will always be a relief when she would turn off the lights, and say words like…embrace the light, love and peace, honor yourself for doing a hard job and eventually... NAMASTE.

Aside from loving the sweat I was making, I love the time out from all stress and tension and just being in the silence of the heated room. 

We are doing Bikram Yoga. The studios were yoga is practiced is called Torture Chambers. Nice, huh? 

This website has all the actual poses we were doing and the benefits derived from each posture! Check this out BIKRAM YOGA. The 26 postures were selected and developed by Bikram Choudhury from Hatha Yoga and would help maintain optimum health and maximum function to all parts of the body.
Bikram Yoga is all about extension and compression.  This is happening in every phase of yoga, all the time.  Every time you bend to the right, you are compressing or closing that side while opening up the left side.  And vice versa.  The moment you release the posture, blood is transported from one side to the other.  In this way you sequentially improve each part of the whole human body." - From Bikram Yoga (also known as "the orange book"), pg 85-86
Whoa! .. and because I was sweating a lot, I was just following how the postures were done, unknowing, that really, as I was doing the poses I am getting both healing and therapy.
  
Numerous studies have been made throughout the world about the benefits of yoga. Yoga and it's weight loss and well being success system! It is high time for you to find one at your place too! Click Here! for more information.

Cheers to health!



NAMASTE.


My Dailies Collection