Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

40 Days of Reflection - Monday of Holy Week

After withdrawing about a stone’s throw from the disciples and kneeling. Jesus prayed, saying, ‘Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me. Still, not my will but yours be done.’ And to strengthen him, and angel from heaven appeared to him. Jesus was in such agony and he prayed so fervently that his sweat became like drops of blood falling on the ground. (Lk 22:41-44)



Who amongst us isn't afraid to die? Jesus was even in agony knowing his fate. I don't even want to talk about death, so let me not.

The thing is, it is inevitable, time will come we will all pass on.

For the meantime, by the words that we speak, by our actions, especially our thoughts let us not hasten our death nor the deaths of everyone in our circle.

In all the things we do, let us emulate Jesus. Despite of what was in store for him coming to Jerusalem, he embraced and soaked himself in prayer.

The same way, whenever we have to take risks and challenges, or if we are undergoing problems, suffering and heartaches, let us hold on to our faith and continually pray, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me. Still, not my will but yours be done."

AMEN. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Dailies Collection