Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

40 Days of Reflection - Thursday After Ash Wednesday

"So whenever you give alms, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be praised by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward. But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your alms may be done in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you." (Mt. 6:2-4)

Lent... 

My memories of Lent growing up was simply... 

Ash on forehead on Ash Wednesday...
Palm Sunday, entering the Holy week with palms blessed in the church... 
Maundy Thursday, when we'll have the Visita Iglesia, 
Black Friday, processions, watching of the passion of Christ, and the big celebration on Easter Sunday.

... and all these days, trying to remember NOT to eat meat and just eat at least one full meal on Fridays... and making excuses along the way!

This year, I'll try to follow the guidelines in the black book, given by our church, Sacred Heart Cathedral, here in Gallup, NM. I'll also be writing my reflections for 40 days here in My Dailies.

This will be a first for me. 

God, I know, is stretching me, just like a rubber band stretched will not return to its original dimension...


 

Today, let us SPEND SOME QUIET TIME WITH THE LORD.

NAMASTE.

1 comment:

  1. We can make our little sacrifices each new day; and it doesn't have to be about food. Less internet and gaming, perhaps. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Dailies Collection