Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

Teaching. Kids. Me.


Honestly, I do not know how to teach young kids. Shame huh, but that’s the truth, I can teach older kids, high school students, college students, even graduate students. But not little kids!

Maybe, I just don’t have the patience and the skills to teach them!

There was this one time when I really wanted to teach again. Since there was an opening at a grade 1 level, I tried my luck and applied for the position. The thing was, I have no elementary education background but using all the positive energy in me, I tried my best.

I did, really! I stood up in front of the room, with the roomful of bright eyed kids. I started my lesson, and tried to make them follow what the lesson was about. I didn’t know what to expect! I’ve never seen Grade 1 kids in action (I forgot how we were in Grade 1 too!). My! My sweat was just all over! There were staring at me, and just doing that! Maybe they were asking themselves, if I was a real teacher or what! Lol!

Even if my credentials were exceptional haha, they didn’t hire me! I wouldn’t hire me too for sure! Lol!

The bottom line is each one of us has our own specialties!

Thus, the next best thing for me to do, especially in helping my very own kids with their studies is to use technology!

I am grateful because there are websites such as www.SchoolTutoring.com that specializes in teaching young learners! They offer programs in reading, writing, math and science using successful strategies!

 They have the expertise to help little kids with academic needs.

They have interactive lessons to keep kids engaged!

They personalize the programs to suit each child’s needs.

Parents also receive regular, detailed reports on their child’s progress and be involved in their child’s progress.

Follow this link for great resources and information and let your kids take the first step towards success this school year!

NAMASTE.

-day 192

19 comments:

  1. you'll get the hang of it, i'm pretty sure! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. You'll be able to adopt. It just takes some practice time for you to get used to it. And it's fun to be with children. (if you know what i mean :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would have the same problem while I like to play with kids but I don't think I have the energy to keep up with kids. Funny how I can run long distance but can't keep up with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its the opposite for me. I'd rather be with small young children than big kids. I cannot be with whiny, emo, kids. It drains me. But young kids are full of life and fun. They hug you and squeeze you and they are so sincere. I love kids that every year I host a party for the streetkids in Tayuman all 600+ of them and growing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, I can't teach really small kids because I'm not that patient in handling their noise and mischievousness. I'm not even sure how to raise my own kids in the future. Maybe my future husband will do the job. Anyway, it was a nice experience you had. Those websites may provide help but maybe not in the extent that which is similar to how students can interact in a typical classroom setting. While technology is beneficial, sometimes traditional learning is still best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, my mom was a teacher and once she was asked to sub in a grade 1 class....she told the principal that if they make her do it again, she will resign!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are not aware of one of your best attributes as an effective teacher is being resourceful. Have you forgotten it? Let's refresh what is a teacher? Teacher is teaching. A Teacher is educating. A teacher is analyzing. A Teacher is compromising. A teacher is humbling. A teacher is evaluating. And a teacher is resourcing. Gets my instant acrostic for TEACHER?

    Teaching
    Educating
    Analyzing
    Compromising
    Humbling
    Evaluating
    Resourcing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used schooltutoring website too for my instructional materials. I am a homeschool teacher for grade schoolers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remembered mom on how she taught me to write. I was still 4 years old when she taught me to write my name. She was having hard time cause all I do is to play.

    Mom knows me well, and what she did to make me work with my penmanship was to get me a piece of chocolate, and told me that she'll buy me more if I finish writing my name on the paper. I have a sweet tooth and so I tried my best to do as fast as I could what she's asking me.

    I find it effective, it wasn't still enough that after I finish writing on the first paper. I would get another one and write again. Of course, in exchange for chocolates :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teaching kids really requires a lot of patience. If you have this patience that you think is enough, expect that it's never sufficient as from time to time, your patience is being tested until you reach your peak and you're able to control anger and manage things out. I'm a grade school teacher by profession and as day goes by, my patience is developing. I don't stick to what patience I have now -- I develop it. Namaste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. If it comes from your heart you will get the hang of it but if you are after the money then this is not the field for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are not born ready. It can be learned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's not a shame that you are not able to teach younger kids. Just like you said, we have our own specialty.I know you'll be a good teacher. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me, I have the skills, but the patience, that's the thing that I don't have. This is the reason why I admire teachers for their patience :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. In my case I have the energy and patience to teach children. I do love kids. :) You'll get the hang of things pretty soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It takes a real professional to accept that he/she cannot excel in everything. You have the great advantage of knowing where you are most effective.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me, too! I don't have the patience in teaching small kids. I'm now thinking how can I teach my kids on their homework. I hope when that day comes, I'll be an effective one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My mum was a university professor for 22 years. A couple of years back, she wanted to 'take it easy' so she studied a little in order to know how to teach primary school kids. It wasn't a walk in the park; she found that it was HARDER to teach kids! University students tend to actually listen and sit quietly to absorb lessons - not so with children. At least you had a great experience out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love kids and I dont have actually difficulties teaching them. I was once a tutor and i kinda like it. If there will be a chance again, i'd like to continue it

    ReplyDelete

My Dailies Collection