Gemma's Books on Amazon

Gemma's Books on Amazon
Gemma's Books on Amazon

Pinoy Teacher's Stories

http://pinoyteacherstories.com

Today, for some unknown inspiration I've created another blog site for FILIPINO TEACHERS! Welcome to PINOY TEACHER'S STORIES!

Prior to coming here in the USA in September,2007. I was really very curious!

First and foremost, it was my first time to ever leave the Philippines! I didn't even have an idea as to what "another country" looks like! I was that naive!

So, I had too many questions! From: "What will happen to me in schools? What will the students say? How do they look like? Will they understand me? What about the teachers, are they nice? What about the system?" To: "Will I survive???"

My only prior knowledge then were School-related Hollywood movies! And, hmmm, it was not heaven at all!

Thus, I surfed the net and did my research.

I was hoping to find a STORY of a real Filipino Teacher in America, who shares her thoughts, her experiences, insights and learning. I was hoping to find a website that would allow me to prepare as to what is in store for me when I go there!

Unfortunately, I did not find any STORY! Yes, there were news about agencies being sued, teacher rallies, achievements, organizations existing in a particular area... But, what I was really looking for wasn't there or maybe I just didn't surf enough?

So, just like being married, I was in for a surprise! I had to find out for myself my WIFM "What's in it for me?".

And this is my story... my stories!

I am dedicating this blog to all FILIPINO teachers who are wanting or at least dreaming to see what life in another country, well, I haven't been to any "other" yet but America, so this blog is dedicated to all FILIPINO teachers who are aspiring to work in the land of milk and honey?!!?

I'm very excited to start...

Thank you all for reading and following my blogs!

NAMASTE. 

-day 28-

My Dailies Collection